We weren't thrown in at the deep end from the beginning. The induction week was chilled, we found out the basics about PR and about all the classes we'd be taking in semester 1. We got to know the people in our class and our lectures, the people we'd hopefully be seeing for the next 4 years. Everything was a bit awkward at first but once we got talking and got to know our way round the place people livened up and came outta their shells!
Then week two came and that's when the real college life started. The place was packed and classes began, nobody could really complain about our timetable though, only 17 hours a week and only one full day. So us PR1's had it handy compared to some.
So over the weeks classes got a bit harder, tests and assignments started coming and work actually had to be done but it was nothing undo able.
Overall though I would say college is just okay, DkIT's a great place but I still cant say I love it. At the moment I just cant wait for a break, so Christmas cant come soon enough :D But at the same time I'm looking forward to the changes 2012 will bring. Not the exams of course but the new classes and new challenges...and the craic at rag week :P

No comments:
Post a Comment